Personal Garden Training
Your trainer can take you through structured sessions designed to teach you all you need to know or a programme can be tailored to fit your needs.
- Plant selection. The biggest problems in a garden are caused by planting the wrong plant in the wrong place. This can lead to poor plants and even death making it a costly error. Worse is the plant which infests the garden and becomes a weed or the one which grows as high as the house and just as wide.
- Pruning. A critical aspect of gardening and much neglected. Good pruning generates more colour, healthier and tidier plants. Bad, or no pruning can lead to poor plants and often death.
- Weeds. Identification and treatment.
- Lawns. Selection, treatment and care. It can be very difficult to create the perfect lawn from an existing one but if the garden owner understands the processes and principles of lawn culture their life can be made easier.
- Soil. This is the foundation of the garden and needs to be the best it can be. Types of soil, soil improvement, additives, digging and soil preparation needs to be understood. If the soil is good the plants will thrive, if bad they will suffer and become more susceptible to pests and diseases.
Once the basics have been covered....
your trainer will move into more specialist areas like fruit and vegetables, pests and diseases, greenhouse culture, propagation, water gardening, compost, garden design and construction. At this point he may bring in others with a better knowledge of the subject but your trainer will continue to assist.
Prices: £50 an hour. Daily rate: £250 (£125 half-day)
We would strongly endorse Graham’s work. He produced a beautiful design for our garden which creates corners and areas of interest and changing colours throughout the year. The flowers are unusual with beautiful combinations of colour and scent. A small investment for a daily injection of happiness..
I have been using Graham Pavey for many years for landscapes designs. I have found him reliable and his work standard are high. All the time I have used him he has provided the design at agreed timescale. I will not hesitate to recommend him to any of my friends or family.
Mr G.Y. Maulden
We are delighted with our garden, and receive lots of compliments on it
The design was amazingly good value and we would definately ask Graham to design our next garden- if we can ever bring ourselves to part with this one.
Mr and Mrs T, Bromham